Sunday, July 8, 2012

Dear Lord,

Dear Lord,

I don't know what you are doing in my life
and I don't understand,
but I know you are doing something.

You know I have been struggling for the past two years
with my ulcer
and how I look
and what I eat
and how much I exercise
and the guys I can get
and how popular I am
and how I treat people
and what they think of me.

Lord, I now you have a better and bigger plan for me than this
and I know you have already taken my burdens away.

And I know that almost everyday I take them back from you
and wear them for myself.

I know I think I can do better
and don't trust in you.
And I know I am stubborn
and you have shown me that I can't afford to be.
I know that my stubbornness gets in the way of your plan for my life
to make me as beautiful as you have planned.

I know I have taken back anger
and frustration
and confusion
and pain
and trapped myself in it.

I have made myself miserable
in my own self pity and negativity about my surroundings.

Please take those burdens from me
and guide me in my life
for you so that I can live for your purposes.

Take my wounds
and heal them.

Lead me to you,
to walk with you,
to learn from you,
to follow you,
to be led by you,
to be more like you.

Bring me a love and a grace and a joy that I lack.

Help me to see the gifts you have given the people that surround me
and to learn from their weaknesses.

Fill me and use me.

Point out my weaknesses and help me to overcome them
and show me my strengths and help me to develop them.
Show me my purpose and prepare me for the road ahead.
Help me to be intentional with my time and every communication I make.
Thank you for sending me here and help me to fall into your plans and purposes for these next five weeks.

Show me just how real you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment