Sunday, July 15, 2012

Do the Twist!

Hi, my name is Janelle Podruchny! I am an incoming freshman at New Mexico State University. Let me just say, being the youngest child on project is one of the best experiences I could ever have. I am surrounded by the most encouraging and God seeking friends here, and it is one of the best atmospheres for spiritual growth.

Some awesome things have been going on for me and every member on the project!

This summer project has recently made a twist that came out from nowhere! We've all been sharing stories about some neat experiences and they are all very similar. For instance, one of our coordinators (leader, manager position at Disney) expresses some form of thankfulness, or gratitude for our work ethic, or optimism during our work hours, or just a compliment with gratitude that we have come here. A lot of us have been thanked for changing the entire atmosphere of our workplace! That is so cool to hear because, that is exactly what we want to happen!

We came here to Walt Disney World, to change lives through God's love. Our greatest ambition is to show others the love that Christ shares with us, and to extend it among the nations! So, to hear that our workplace has changed for the best since we've been here, and for us to see changes in our co-workers, is such a blessing.

Have you ever walked through the kitchen of a restaurant, as an employee, and had almost every co-worker wave at you and smile because they are happy to see you, even though you see them every day? That has been happening here and it is so neat to see the joy in their faces reflect off your own.

Who knew that we would make so many friends while working here? I have met friends from all over the world; Some of the places my friends are from are Poland, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Turkey, China, France, and Haiti. I hear so many different languages strewn across the kitchen every day, to imagine the Gospel being carried by those voices back to their own countries, it's incredible.

I am so blessed to be here, I am growing in my faith, and sharing God's love to His kingdom! What more could a girl ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment