Thursday, July 19, 2012

Patience goes a long way

     Hi guys! I am Megan from Omaha, NE. I work in Stands West at Aloha Isle, selling dole whip, Sunshine Tree Terrace, and the egg roll cart. I have had a few good conversations with my coworkers these past few weeks, but I feel like just as people are starting to open up, we have to leave. I had one guy I met for the first time tell me that Disney World is the perfect mission field and there are a lot of lost people here, which was really encouraging to hear. I wish we were here longer, so I could go deeper with my coworkers, because I've gotten close to most of them. My plan is to be super intentional in the week and a half I have left with them and really let God show through my actions. I'm also not looking forward to the end of project, because I have gotten so close with everyone here. The atmosphere here is like none other.

    I have grown SO much in my personal walk with the Lord. I have grown more this summer than any other time in my life. One way I have seen God especially work in me is in my patience. When the billionth guest comes up and asks me what the difference between dole whip soft serve and dole whip soft serve swirl, in the beginning it took all I had in me to politely tell them. Now when people ask in my opinion "dumb" questions, I have a little more patience.

    This is an excerpt from my project blog about my new attitude:

           "A couple of weeks ago at our group meeting, we were all given a piece of paper with an encouraging bible verse we could easily put in our pockets at work. My verse is Colossians 3:23 "Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not men." I have been trying to put that into practice at work by making every dole whip with a smile on my face instead imagining the rude customer that it is going to. I also enjoy listening to Hillsong in Shannon's car before work and having those uplifting songs stuck in my head at work all day."

No comments:

Post a Comment