Sunday, July 22, 2012

Lessons from the Lord

Hey! My name is RaeLynn and I'll be a sophomore at the University of Nebraska at Omaha. I just wanted to share a little bit about what I've been learning on this project. There's a lot, so I definitely can't talk about all of it.

Most of all I've learned how to grow. I had never heard of the concept of Grace + Truth over Time thing. When I first heard this at the beginning of the summer I didn't think anything of it. But God really used this in my life this summer. I have grown more than I ever have in the last 19 1/2 (yes, the 1/2 matters) years.

I've also learned how to extend grace to others, develop patience beyond what I could imagine, and understand different cultures and lifestyles. I had a lot of expectations of what I thought I would learn this summer, and these things weren't exactly on my list. I had put God into a box, but He broke out of that box immediately.

He's also taught me how to manage time wisely, how quickly time can go, and how to cherish every moment He blesses me with. At the beginning of the summer I thought we had so much time here. I figured I would take my time doing the things I had set out to do this summer, but before I knew it project was half way over and it was crunch time. That's when I really started to realize that I am here for a purpose and I have not been fulfilling that purpose to the best of my abilities. God gave me grace in that area and helped me to quickly develop relationships with people at work and deepen the relationships I made already on project.

This is a very quick, not complete list of what God's been doing in my life at Disney World. Take heart in the fact that He is indeed working in the lives of every student on project and our co-workers. I want to sincerely thank everyone who donated to this project whether it was financially, prayerfully, just thinking about us, or even reading this blog. This project couldn't have functioned without you, so thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment