Friday, July 27, 2012

Hello! My name is Lauren May and I will be a junior at Appalachian State University. I just wanted to share what God has put on my heart regarding our work here this summer. 

“Bring all who claim me as their God, for I have made them for my glory. It was I who created them… You are my servant. You have been chosen to know me, believe in me, and understand that I alone am God. There is no other God- there never has been, and there never will be. I, yes I, am the Lord, and there is no other Savior… From eternity to eternity I am God. No one can snatch anyone out of my hand. No one can undo what I have done.” Isaiah 43:7, 10-11, 13

Today was a perfect instance of the clarity and timeliness of God’s word in my life. As I sat down to read a passage I had read and re-read many times, the Spirit stuck these verses to my soul. As summer project is winding down, I believe many of us are panicking about the little time we have left with our co-workers. Personally I feel nagging doubts every day about if I am saying or doing enough to share God’s word. The encouraging thing is that God uses every single thing for his glory! It doesn’t matter if we say or do the right thing, because God can use it to impact others in his eternal story of salvation. There are so many stories I could share about how God has used little things this summer for his purpose. We need to remember that it is not our responsibility to save other’s souls- only God can do that. We can only help lead others in the right direction. Its comforting to remember that anything that happens in our co-workers lives this summer cannot be changed by what we do or don’t do, because as God reminds us “No one can undo what I have done.” And I thank Jesus for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment