Thursday, July 12, 2012

Focus, Focus, Focus

It has officially been one week without having staff here on project. We've only got about 3 weeks left in Orlando and the sense of urgency is really starting to set in. There is honestly no time to be wasted. Speaking of time, I'd like to get my hands on some of that stuff. During this crazy busy project, the only way we can truly be fueled and equipped to do the good works the Lord has planned for us is to rely totally on his strength, which is very hard to do whenever finding sufficient time to be still and listen sometimes seems impossible. I know for me personally, when I do get to have some quiet time, it NEVER feels like enough. Something I have learned this summer that has helped me as I try to rely fully on the Lord (a task that is way easier said than done) is the concept of spiritual breathing. I can breathe out all my problems and sin, and breathe in the magnificent love and power from God that is magnified in the Gospel. It's so difficult to initiate spiritual conversations with my friends at work and get to know them on a deeper level whenever I'm stuck in autopilot relying on my own strength. Did I say strength? Oops sorry I'm pretty sure all I have left is weakness. Something awesome about project is that we get thrust into a state of growth at hyper speed, but what is not so awesome is that all of our sin and flaws are brought into the light during this state of refinement. So as we learn to deal with new problems, as we learn to function without staff, the purpose of our being here has not changed. My prayer for this project and myself is not to lose sight of why we are here even in the midst of chaos. Jesus gives us the privilege of allowing us to share his great love with others! While we are still on project, I hope that we can take advantage of every opportunity placed before us, let go of whatever is in our way, and finish the race marked out for us.

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the Christ's power may rest upon me."
-2 Corinthians 12:9

With love in Christ,
Grace McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment